Traditional techniques just won’t make your house sell in the current property market. Not only do people have less money to play with, but they’re wising up to old tricks. New techniques are required to boost your home’s value. Take note that value is all about the way people perceive a product or service. This article focuses on marketing your house in a way that conveys a higher perceived value.
The first and foremost thing to concentrate how to sell a house by owner in missouri is the advertising campaign. Besides making it look unique and exciting, you need to send a direct message to people skimming through the “for sale” section. The best psychological trigger apart from a competitive price is the word “now”. Use it discreetly in your sales pitch, especially the title to your ad.
As far as boosting the appeal of your actual house, there are plenty of things you can tweak:
– “Airy and Open” is extremely fashionable at the moment. De-clutter your living room as much as possible. In fact, leave only a few sofas, the TV, a bookshelf and a coffee table if possible. Make use of hanging artworks to “fill in” the space.
– Replace light fittings with chic, contemporary designs. IKEA is a great place to get good quality, fashionable fittings for a really cheap price.
– Your kitchen is VERY important to the whole sale. Make sure it’s clean and tidy, including inside the cupboards, on top of the fridge, etc.. If there are any broken knobs or shelves fix them up. Also, shine up your sink. You’ll be amazed at how much of a difference this can make!
– The bathrooms are probably the second most important rooms of the house, after the kitchen. Make sure they are all properly ventilated with adequate natural light. If they’re a bit dark, think about how you can brighten them up. Additional mirrors are always good, as are more lights.
– The front yard can be a great way to boost the amount of traffic you get through your house. Many buyers simply drive around areas that they like when looking for a new house. Make sure yours is attractive from the outside and has a big “FOR SALE” sign out the front.